May 4, 2019

May 4
…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Deuteronomy 21

Everything created by God has a purpose, even under the Law, the heifer was brought to death for atonement.  Our Lord Yeshua made a far greater sacrifice for us as it took care of sin, once and for all.  Repentance (with remorse) is still required.  God wants evil gone from our midst and this means putting Him first and foremost above even our loved ones.  Our Lord Yeshua was hung on a tree so that He became cursed by God on our behalf so that we could carry and walk in His righteousness.  Wow.  Thank You Lord.

Song of Solomon 1
This is how our Bridegroom, the Lord, sees His bride (us).

1 Timothy 2
First, pray for all people including governmental leaders as this pleases God and gives me the benefit of a quiet and peaceful life.  I am to continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.  It was under the Roman law (Israel was under during the time of Yeshua on the earth) that women could not speak as described by Paul here.

Meditate & Apply: Thank You Lord for exchanging the consequence of my sin, being cursed, for the consequence of your righteousness.  God is to come first before everything and anything.  This includes family members.  Putting them before Him is idolatry.  We are a beautiful bride to our Lord.  Praying for all pleases God.  He truly desires that all come to the knowledge and truth of Him.  Complaining about governmental leaders doesn’t change anything, praying for them does.

8 Comments

Whitney McCarthy - May 4th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Thank you Lord for taking the curse for each one of us. Let us all continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control

- May 5th, 2019 at 11:38am

👍🏼

- May 5th, 2019 at 11:41am

❤️

Maurine - May 5th, 2019 at 2:17am

The power of the tongue....Lord keep me praying & confessing what others are in You and not repeating their shortcomings.

- May 5th, 2019 at 11:37am

👍🏼

- May 5th, 2019 at 11:41am

❤️

Robin T. Morisawa - May 5th, 2019 at 11:33am

"Our Lord Yeshua made a far greater sacrifice for us as it took care of sin, once and for all." AMEN! To meditate on this is so incredibly freeing!

True. Until we see how beloved we are by God, we see funny, believe funny, act funny.

"It was under the Roman law (Israel was under during the time of Yeshua on the earth) that women could not speak as described by Paul here. " Thank you for clearing that up. I looked at commentary and notes so I could only conclude that God's character was orderly and so women needed to conduct themselves well. It makes sense about the Roman government placing women in an unequal position. In fact. Roman and Greek history definitely show this. Educators love to elevate Greek and Roman teaching styles. Thankfully, God gave us spiritual weapons, prayer. And I know that whatever I ask according to His word, I ALREADY receive. Thank You, Jesus!

- May 5th, 2019 at 11:42am